LifeCircle Australia (ACN 143 224 293) (we, us, our) is committed to protecting your privacy and complying with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) and other relevant state laws in relation to the management of personal information.
1 What is personal information?
When used in this Policy, “personal information” has the meaning given in the Privacy Act. Generally, it means any information or an opinion that could be used to identify you.
2 How do we collect personal information?
We may collect your personal information if you:
- interact with us online, including through our website, our online forums, Zoom or our social media channels;
- deal with us directly over the phone; and
- have contact with us in person.
This collection may be required to allow you to:
- register on our website;
- make a donation;
- receive information from us;
- receive services from us;
- access and use our online forums; or
- join us as a volunteer.
3 Collecting personal information through our websites
4 What personal information do we collect?
The types of personal information LifeCircle may collect depends on the purposes for which it is collected but may include (without limitation) your IP address, name, age or date of birth, geographic location, telephone number, email address or the amount you have donated.
If you make a donation to us, you may also provide credit card details and other information which will allow us to process your request and make the transaction.
The choice of how much information you provide to us is yours, but if you want to register as a member of on our website or make a donation, we require certain information from you in order to provide those services.
5 How does LifeCircle use your personal information?
The personal information you provide to us may be used by us for the following purposes:
- to provide you with the services and information you have requested;
- for internal administrative purposes;
- to update our records and keep your contact details up to date;
- develop and improve our website and content offering;
- to enable our LifeCircle Guides or administration staff to contact you;
- to enable notifications on your device for various reminders;
- to assess any application from you to work or volunteer with us; or
- if you lodge a complaint with us, to process and respond to your complaint.
Other than for the purposes described above, we will not use your personal information without your prior consent. Additionally you may withdraw your consent at any time without any prejudice to you by contacting us (details below). This will not affect the processing of your data based on your consent previous to the point at which you withdraw consent.
6 Security of your personal information
We take reasonable steps to ensure the security of all information we collect, including that the information is protected from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. For example, your personal information is maintained in a secure environment, which can be accessed only by authorised personnel. However, no data transmission over the internet or information stored on servers accessible through the internet can be guaranteed to be fully secure.
In addition, we take reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify your personal information once we no longer need it.
7 Disclosure of personal information
We may also disclose your personal information if:
- you have consented to the disclosure;
- where disclosure is necessary to prevent injury to life or health; or
- it is required or authorised by or under an Australian law or a court/tribunal order.
8 Complaints about your privacy
If you believe your privacy has been breached or you have a complaint about how we have handled your personal information, please contact us in writing. We will respond within a reasonable period (usually within 30 days).
If you are not satisfied with our response, then you may lodge a formal complaint with the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (for more information, please see www.oaic.gov.au).
This Policy was last updated in April 2018.
10 How to contact us